- Santonio Holmes, 2009 Toe Drag
2. David Tyree, 2008 Helmet Catch
3. Phil McConkey, 1986 off Mark Bravaro's helmet.
4. John Taylor, 1989 Dagger in the hearts of Bengals fans everywhere.
5. Lynn Swann, 1976 He had two great catches in that Super Bowl, take your pick!
6. John Stallworth, 1979
7. Max McGee, 1967 The one hand grab.
8. Hines Ward, 2006 receiver to receiver.
9. Issac Bruce, 2000 the go ahead score to win it for the Rams
10. Gary Clark, 1988 The go ahead for the Redskins to beat the Broncos.
A particularly hard topic for a Bengals fan to write about since four of the top ten are Steelers and the John Taylor catch was against the Bengals in the Super Bowl. So according to my math half of this list is just painful to think/talk/write about.
I give the nod to Holmes' catch as number one since it was in the end zone and actually sealed the deal for the Steelers. It was a tough call though since the Tyree catch did set up the winning score and it was for an underdog win. Had the Tyree catch been in the end zone it would still be the reigning champ.
There was special consideration to John Elway catching a pass and being the first quarterback to do so in the 1988 Super Bowl, but other than being the first quarterback to catch a pass in the Super Bowl there was nothing to dramatic about it.
I REALLY hate the Steelers.