I was going to hold off on posting a new blog until after NFL free agency was done to grade the Bengals and do do my Draft 2.0 blog, but i was inspired today by another blogger. A friend of mine has decided to join the dark side and start rooting for the Steelers after being a Bengals fan for his whole life. I find the timing odd, since he somehow made it through all of the '90s which was way worse and has decided to support the reigning Super Bowl champs!
But, as I read his blog, I just grew more and more angry as I talked about the Steelers, so I have decided to do a top ten most hated sports teams. I am sure that I will share many with my readers, but I am curious to see what your most hated teams are?!
- Steelers. I am an Bengals fan, so there is no team I hate more than those terrible towel waving idiots in Pittsburgh. The only thing I ever found amusing about that team was trying to guess how many pounds of spit accumulated in the corners of Bill Cowher's mouth. Or maybe trying to guess if Ben was effected at all after the crash, he seems just as dumb to me.
- Yankees. They are the reason that baseball needs a salary cap. Although, I have to admit to watch them spend more money than God every year and not win is hilarious to me. it is just sad that they pay certain players more than some teams pay their entire team, I know they do it because they can, it just angers me.
- Ohio State Football/Basketball. Football is simple, I am a Michigan fan and it has been terrible to watch Tressel own Michigan for the past ten years. Tressel is to Michigan like Willy Wonka is to Umpa Lumpas, he owns them. Basketball is just as simple, it is all about betrayal. Thad Matta used to coach Xavier, my Alma Mater and swore he loved it there and would never leave. Two days after emphatically denying rumors about leaving he bolts for Ohio State, dick move Thad. Not that OSU basketball is a great power house, but I will never forgive Thad for what he did. Once he moves on I will again just not care about OSU basketball. Side note; I hate the fans that call it THE Ohio State University, it is annoying and makes you all sound elitist, to quote my wife, "get over yourselves."
- Cowboys. The Dallas variety. Since you saw that the Yankees are #2 on my list you had to know it was just a matter of time before I got to the Yankees of the NFL. Jerry Jones is the ultimate used car salesman, he even smiles like one. For all the big names they bring in every year the have nothing to show for it, and yet every year the talking heads make love to Jerry and his boys and talk about how this is the year they will win it all. Lets face it, until Romo stops holding hands with Jessica (because you know that is all her dad lets her do), and until T.O. (team obliterator) is gone, and until Jerry realizes that he must draft some talent instead of buying everyone else's headaches they will never win. By the way, Emmit Smith was over rated. If Barry Sanders had that offensive line he would have broke every rushing record ever and no one would have know Emmit's name.
- Knicks. I hate New York in general and that is mostly where the Knicks fall in. But to help boost their status on the list I always hated Patrick Ewing. I defy you to find an uglier NBA player. And Spike Lee might be the most annoying fan ever, if he was anyone else he would not be allowed in the arena, I wish Reggie Miller would have taken him back to whatever planet he was from.
- 49ers. This is the team that TWICE ripped Bengals hearts out in the Super Bowl. Honestly I have no other hate towards them other than that, but Bengals highlights are few and far between and to have them ruined by the same team twice? Unacceptable.
- Mets. Again part of the New York factor, but also because I am a Braves fan so I hate the Mets who like all New York team just buy all their talent. I do like how the past two years the Mets have choked and collapsed in the end missing the playoffs!
- New Jersey Jets/Giants. Any team that says they are from New York and play all their games in New Jersey are a bunch of liars. If that is not bad enough the Jets helped create all the Brett Farve drama last year, which I am sure I speak for everyone when I say I am sick of it! And again, the New york factor plays into my hatred for both of these teams.
- Duke Basketball. Can't really explain it, just hate them. Their coach looks like a rat, maybe that is it?
- Broncos. I was a Marino guy, so I rooted against Elway, plus Elway looks pretty ugly. The Broncos invented the chop block, dirtiest move in the NFL. And their ex coach looks like a rat. Maybe there is something to that rat thing?